WordLinx Forum
October 19, 2017, 05:17:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimum Ad Views  (Read 90332 times)
sunkay

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 03:05:45 PM »

Thanks for the clarification.   

I was just using the % example for Valerie to know that YOUR idea is NOT a NEW one, but has been around for years. Smiley   

The number of ads daily we need to click being any amount value is good.

New Question:   Some FREE members do not have ads daily to click on and cannot afford to upgrade yet.  I hope the number of clicks will take that into account as well.   

New Question:   Could we get the UPGRADED ADS marked so we know the difference? 

Thanks for a good program.
wordlinx
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 03:18:27 PM »

New Question:   Some FREE members do not have ads daily to click on and cannot afford to upgrade yet.  I hope the number of clicks will take that into account as well.

All members have ads to click on daily. Most only get $0.001 ads though.   

New Question:   Could we get the UPGRADED ADS marked so we know the difference? 

Members that upgrade to Verified Yearly ($15) get 500+ green $0.01 ads per year, displayed 3 at a time at the top of the Browse Ads page daily.

Members that upgrade to Pro Yearly ($99) get 1000+ green $0.01 ads per year. Example below...

sunkay

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2013, 07:53:35 AM »

Thanks for the explanation on the ads there.

Does that mean that ALL yellow ads are FREE ads for ALL members and then the BLUE ads are for the upgraded members as well as the green ads ?   

I wondered what the difference might be on blue and yellow ads.  Just didn't have time to come and ask, with family visiting this week, I've taken time off from clicking many sites and just read the forums to keep up.   

Appreciate your time here and the program. 
wordlinx
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2013, 10:55:02 AM »

Green ads are for Verified Yearly and Pro Yearly members, as explained above. All other ads are regular, targeted in the normal way.

However, advertisers can add bold and/or highlight to their ads when setting up their campaigns to make them stand out.

mgbland79705

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »

Members that upgrade to Verified Yearly ($15) get 500+ green $0.01 ads per year, displayed 3 at a time at the top of the Browse Ads page daily.

Members that upgrade to Pro Yearly ($99) get 1000+ green $0.01 ads per year. Example below...

[image removed]

What about the Verified Lifetime Members?  I thought we also got extra ads, but I don't remember any green ads today.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:33:26 PM by wordlinx » Logged
wordlinx
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2013, 05:32:52 PM »

Verified Lifetime members currently get ads for Basic members and verified buyers, so they get more ads generally but no fixed ads.

However, as part of the planned updates (see other threads) we'll also be providing fixed ads.

It breaks down like this...

Basic members - regular ads
Verified Yearly - regular ads + verified buyer ads + over 500 fixed $0.01 ads per year
Verified Lifetime - regular ads + verified buyer ads (+ over 500 fixed $0.01 ads per year soon)
Pro Monthly - regular ads + verified buyer ads + over 1,000 fixed $0.01 ads per year
Pro Yearly - regular ads + verified buyer ads + over 1,000 fixed $0.01 ads per year

More details in this older thread - http://forum.wordlinx.com/index.php?topic=6286.0

sunkay

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2013, 05:31:12 PM »

I understand about the extra ads for the Lifetime Members, however, my question is:

How can we distinguish the ads Free Member ads from the upgraded ads other than the green ads shown for the Pro members ?   

Are the blue ads for upgraded and then yellow for ALL members - Free and Upgraded? 

I like to alert my downline when we are all online that there are ads to click so we ALL earn and advertisers get their site shown more, however, a few of my downline are not yet upgraded and only get the FREE ads, so how can I know when they also have the ad to click? 

Thank you for your time.

wordlinx
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2013, 02:34:41 PM »

There is no distinction between regular ads and ads for upgraded members, apart from the fixed green ads for VY/PY members.

The best way to earn is to check back for new ads throughout the day.

sunkay

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2013, 10:46:26 PM »

Is there a way to know the difference between them? Other sites do that & w/the "FIXED" ads in green - the FREE ads could just be a plain white as they used to be? before yellow & blue came to be? Not sure why we have the blue & yellow boxes now. Some members who I try to help are on DIAL UP still & that is why I alert them an ad is present. It's very disappointing when you tell them an ad is present & then they see none due to it being an upgraded ad. It's good for wordlinx to show the members the upgraded & Free ads for their members. We can then target our advertising for x amt. of ads daily for free and so many more for those who are able to upgrade. No one will upgrade if they don't see ads as a Free Member, though. Thanks for caring about free members and those who are upgraded.
wordlinx
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2013, 07:51:18 AM »

Changing the look of ads further would incentivise members to click on some more than others, making our current bold and highlight options obsolete.

SpikeTheLobster

« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2013, 10:25:28 AM »

May I suggest you either remove the useless message or make it point to somewhere that gives the details it promises? At the moment, this thread doesn't clearly answer any questions.

Editing the first post in this thread to include a summary would be really helpful.

Persnally, I think the idea sucks but I, too, can see why you need to do it. I can also see how people who have put in enormous effort to get active referrals will be seriously annoyed

As for the clicks, "any three (or four) ads" is fine IMHO. An additional possibility would be to allow people to stack up a few days' extra viewing. Not everyone can visit every single day and you know that their referrals are going to click on the days they couldn't drop in!
rah
Global Moderator

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2013, 11:44:14 AM »

Already having the reminder helps to increase referral activity, so advertisers get more traffic for their money and members earn more.

wagygirl
Global Moderator

---SavedByGrace --Ephesians 2:8-9

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2013, 09:45:04 PM »

As for the clicks, "any three (or four) ads" is fine IMHO. An additional possibility would be to allow people to stack up a few days' extra viewing. Not everyone can visit every single day and you know that their referrals are going to click on the days they couldn't drop in!

Most PTC/bux sites now require daily ad viewing from members to earn from referrals.

Follow me on: Twitter for chances to win and earn money on many sites.
Join some of my favorite sites: Only Sites That Pay!
SpikeTheLobster

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 09:50:25 AM »

Most PTC/bux sites now require daily ad viewing from members to earn from referrals.

So? Just because other people are doing it doesn't mean it's a good idea. And it doesn't make it any less frustrating for people with a lot of existing referrals who can't get to the site every single day.

I'm not one of those people, by the way. I have no referrals, so it makes no difference to me. Smiley
wordlinx
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2013, 03:38:09 PM »

We're always open to user feedback, but obviously we need something like this to encourage clicking.

Do you think it would be fairer to require a certain amount of clicks per week, instead?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: